Monday, September 14, 2009

Evolution Vs. Creation


The theory of evolution states that man evolved from animals and that we are all related with the same ancestors. This theory came from a man named Charles Darwin from his studies of Finches. H
is theory was that we all came from the same ancestor, or a common ancestor. And with the process of natural selection, we kept living, and mutating(adapting) to our environment. So basically, we evolve to survive with the changing environment. In evolution, things adapt to the needs of their environment. Here is an example of Darwin's theory of evolution. There are three birds that are from the same habitat and Bird A has a long, skinny beak and that long beak is used for catching insects. Bird B has a fat beak used for eating small insects. And Bird C has a small beak used to eat fruit. Each of these birds adapted to their environment and each of them having a unique trait, that is where the Theory of Evolution came from.
Creationism is another theory that people believe, In this theory people believe that humans and animals are not the same and that we were made by a person/Thing of higher power (god). People also believe that god created everything in this universe such as land,water,trees etc. Many religions believe that we humans came from two people in general; Adam and Eve which is stated in almost every religious book (Quran,Bible,Talmud etc.)
Which one do I believe? Well I really can't tell you that right now, because I'm trying to find out myself. If I were to say which one my family wants me to believe then my answer would be Creationism. The reason why i choose neither sides is because I don't know much about these two topics and everything I've read about them hasn't caught my attention. Sure evolution can show you facts and data's but they can't show you all of it like where did it start? and how did it start?. Creation doesn't really move me either because the only thing that has to show is some book that has been edited over a thousand time. So until I make up my mind my choice is none I don't believe any of them, but when i do I'll be sure to let you know.

1 comment:

  1. It was actually a group of finches that he was studying on Galapagos Islands. The rest of what you said was true. One group of finches had adapted to using spines from a type of bush to skewer bugs from under the bark of trees. One group of finches had adapted to eating seeds and one group of finches had adapted to eating fruits. The fact of the study that most of science misses even today is that the were ALL FINCHES. The had just adapted their physical make up to adjust for the different food stuffs available to them. My additional comment to what you have so eloquently said is this, if man has evolved from apes, why do we not have more man/apes around, why has man not 'evolved' into something else and why have no other species evolved into something higher? People wonder if the likes of Loch Ness monster is possible or if Sasquatch is possible-just ask yourself this-if the coelacanth was supposed to be extinct 65 million years ago, then why are they being found off the coast of Madagascar even now? National Geographic even featured them in 2006.

    ReplyDelete